Monday, August 5, 2013

If not you Than who???


I’ve heard it said that just outside our comfort zone is the Lords work zone.  


I was out shopping this weekend with my wonderful wife when down one of the many aisles I saw a beautiful young mother to be who was very, very heavy with child. Her countenance glowed and the smile on her face told me she was a happy person. I said to myself “bless her heart “ and thought for a moment how we all could be a little more thankful for the woman that have brought us into this world and their sacrifices in giving us life.

Later after we had checked out and my wife had gone to get one last thing I waited alone at the exit and I again saw her and this time with her family, she was there with her husband and their young child. All were smiling and having a good time. They seemed picture perfect. They were young and were just at the beginning of this adventure of life.  It seemed that they were happy and well adjusted. It brought me joy to see the sincere expressions of happiness in their lives.

Then I reflecting in that split second on my life, and the ugliness and heart break of divorce I said a quick prayer that they might remain a happy family. As I prayed I thought of the importance of the gospel in our life's and how it helps us all be better people, to try harder and treat each other with love and respect and how if they had that in their life it may give them better chances to resist the world as it tries to rip them apart, and remain a happy family. So I added in my prayer “Please father bless them that they might come to the knowledge of the gospel  and the happiness it would bring to their life's.” as I prayed the words came into my mind “share the gospel with them” they had already passed me and were out in the parking lot headed for their car. I can’t (I said back confidently in my thoughts, brushing it off) I don’t know how.? What would I say? What if they thought I was a stocker, freak or weirdo? (now pleading)Haven’t I prayed for them? Isn’t that my part?  Will you please send someone to tell them? They need this gospel!!! The thought came again “Go now, you can still catch them.” In my heart I felt heavy, now my eyes started to fill with tears as I fought the paralyzing fear that held me in place. Softly and sheepishly I thought “I can’t….” As I watched them step into the darkness of that Saturday evening the next thought filled my mind and echoing in my soul and was left to haunt me, was “If not you then who?"

1 Nephi 8;12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment